Saturday, June 24, 2006

 

Detecting and Removing Malware

I updated my virus scanner recently and it occurred to me that I haven’t heard anything in the news about a new virus for ages. Have they gone out of fashion or are new ones simply variants of old ones? Or is Microsoft’s security initiative having an effect?

So I had a trawl, and came across a webcast by Mark Russinovich on detecting and removing malware using 3 of the many Sysinternals tools, SigCheck, AutoRuns and ProcessExplorer. These are great tools and are free (as are all of the SysInternals offerings, such as FileMon and RegMon) and knowing how to use them is a valuable addition to any programmer’s toolkit.

You can find the webcast here: Understanding and Fighting Malware: Viruses, Spyware and Rootkits.


    

Powered by Blogger