Friday, October 13, 2006

 

Web Design Tips

I would hardly call myself a web designer, so I always take note of resources that can help with the look and feel of web pages. Here a few resources I’ve found. There is a superb and short web design tutorial here by Jennifer Apple, including links to other great resources. Elsewhere on the site, she has advice on using subtle borders to make images really stand out.

You can find a lovely web based colour scheme generator here. This is one of the best and easy to use that I’ve come across. Have a quick read through the help section, where you will find tips on creating an optimal colour scheme.

I can also recommend Scott Kelby’s very accessible book “Photoshop CS2 for Digital Photographers”.

(You can tell I’m originally from the UK, by my refusal to spell ‘colour’ as the US version, 'color’!)


    

Powered by Blogger