Saturday, March 03, 2007

 

Visual Studio IDE Tip

Every so often you come across something so useful, so fundamental, that you find it hard to believe you did not know about it! Yesterday was one of those days. I have access to an A3 colour printer where I'm working, so I printed out the Visual Studio 2005 Cheat Sheet that I mentioned recently. I'm making an effort to increase my productivity using the IDE, so in a moment's reflection I thought I'd have a look to see if there was anything useful that I was not using regularly.

If you paste text using CTRL + SHFT + V, you can cycle through all the entries on the clipboard ring! It means you can do multiple copies of different text then move to another location and have access to them all without jumping to and fro.

I'm assuming I'm probably the last to know about this, but just in case I'm not...


    

Powered by Blogger